COVID-19 Update Regarding Patient Visits –OPEN – learn more about first visit telemedicine options
As you likely know, Governor Kate Brown issued executive order 20-12 on 3/23/20 advising all Oregonians to stay home except for essential needs.
Please note that as a healthcare entity providing care to patients, Summit Research Network and the Memory Health Center at Summit Research Network is open during our regular business to see our ongoing study patients.
If you have an appointment scheduled, staff will be available to see you and we are highly committed to continuing your care in the study with some additional safety precautions in place.
- We have an extremely large waiting area that is very open and allows for plenty of distance between patients. We also have back office spaces that will accommodate you if you are more comfortable there.
- We are not involved in studies of cold, flu, or any communicable disease. In addition, and we are not seeing patients that are acutely ill so there is little concern with regard to exposure.
- Our office is well ventilated, frequently touched surfaces are wiped down regularly throughout the day
- Our medical assistants and physicians, as always, practice standard (universal) precautions.
- We have also advised clinic workers who can work remotely to do so and we actively practice “social distancing” among our staff and patient relationships.
As a way to support social distancing recommended by the CDC and limit the number of people in office at any one time, initial intake visits for new potential study participants can be completed over the phone or by video chat. We encourage new potential study participants to move forward with a telemedicine visit to learn more about your condition and determine if a research study is right for you. These visits do not obligate you to participate in a study. During the call, if you and your intake clinician agree the research study is a good option for you, an in office first study visit can be scheduled for a future time.
Please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 228-2273 to learn more about this option.
If for some reason you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, because of illness or any other reason, please contact us at email@example.com by phone (503) 279-8252 and we will be happy to reschedule you.
We truly value our relationship with all of our research participants and appreciate the partnership as we work together during this difficult time in our world to continue to find new treatments for conditions that affect human health and well-being. Never has it been so critical to advancing science and healthcare and we are thankful for your efforts and available to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any concern.
The Summit Research Network Team